In 2014, we deepened our commitment to our own mission through not only supporting the work of great non-profits, but also laying the groundwork for our own contributions to community involvement, communication, and education.
GRANT YEAR Highlights
- During the calendar year, we awarded over $43,000 to 6 non-profits throughout Warren, Hunterdon, and Somerset (NJ) counties for both ongoing programs and special projects
- Our grants provided educational tools and financial support to 20+ staff members and volunteers during more than 100 hours of regularly-scheduled programming and 6 months of special exhibitions and community events
- 83% of our grantees reported the achievement of at least one primary goal of those funded programs
- The beginning of our FY 2014-2015 Grant Cycle saw a 20% increase in grant inquiries and a 33% increase in new grant interest
- During the fall of 2014, we conducted video interviews with 2 historians and 1 WWII veteran to collect primary and secondary oral histories for a special upcoming series on our Showcase. The first video has already premiered on our website and on YouTube!
- We’re now sharing updates, Astle-Alpaugh family history, and non-profit resources on Facebook and Twitter! Find us using the icons on the bottom and right side of this page.
We are excited for what 2015 has in store for us and for our wonderful Central New Jersey community!