The 2017 Grant Cycle will open on June 1, 2017.
Organizations eligible to apply for a grant from the Foundation must:
- Be non-profit, 501(c)(3) organizations
- Serve the local community of Central New Jersey (View a map of our funding area here)
- Request support for programs that promote education in the arts, history, and the health and wellbeing of community residents and which are consistent with the mission and priorities of the Foundation (see below)
- For detailed information on eligibility and requirements, please see our 2016 Grant Guidelines
The Foundation stipulates that:
- Proposals will be considered up to a maximum of $12,000
- Projects that extend over multiple fiscal years are ineligible for support
- Organizations receiving awards are eligible to apply for funding in subsequent years, following successful programming and fulfillment of reporting requirements (as detailed in Section IV of the Grant Guidelines)
We no longer fund student scholarships.
The Astle-Alpaugh Family Foundation is a private grant- making organization with a mission to improve the lives of individuals and families. Our priorities are derived from involvement in the local community of Central New Jersey.
We believe that the strength of a society can be measured by how it cares for its most vulnerable citizens – we seek to provide stability and hope for the elderly and for at-risk children and youth, as well as for persons suffering from illness, hunger, poverty, abuse, and chemical dependency.
We strive to foster community involvement in education – we fund diverse educational programs.
We place a strong priority on the improvement of our local community – we support museums, community centers, and historic preservation.